Asked March 29, 2017

non availability of marriage certificate

  • 2 Answers

Hello sir/madam, I am in need for a non availability of marriage certificate, could you possibly assist me in obtaining the same and guide me through the process? Thank you.

Answers 2

If you have lost or misplaced your marriage certificate then can re-issue it by applying at the Sub-Registrar or Municipality office where the marriage was registered. The "original document" is the entry in the register. The marriage "certificate" is a certified copy of that entry and hence, after you provide the details (date of marriage, name of the parties, etc.) entered in the register, a certificate will be re-issued as per the original available details in the records.


However, if you have not registered your marriage and hence do not have a marriage certificate then you can apply for the same by way of registration of the marriage. You can either approach the Registrar and apply for registration of your marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or the Special Marriage Act, 1954 or any other appropriate act or you can also opt online registration. You will be provided with a marriage certificate after successful registration of your marriage.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Try a Consultant. They may do it for you. Probably if you are from southern part of India, then you can try

They are one among the reliable NRI service providers....

Hope this helps

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.