This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Civil Law Criminal Law
Asked October 28, 2017

Parents forcing to marry daughter

  • 2 Answers

Me shadi nahi karna chahti lekin mere parents magar mere parent s shadi kara dege. Kya karu please kuchh advice de thanks

Answers 2

You can file a case for domestic violence under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005. Coercion and compulsion to marry can be considered as a form of domestic violence caused by the mental harassment. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

The opinion expressed by Lawfarm Team holds good.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.