This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law Civil Law Civil Procedure Law
Asked September 15, 2017

Proceeding for maintenance and Domestic violence complaint

  • 1 Answer

My wife has deserted me and now she has made an FIR u/s 498A, 313, 307, 506 IPC and section 4 DP act. After 105 days at my native place odisha. And also filed maintenance u/s 125 CrPC. All the allegations are false, she has a rude attitude towards me and parents, she never participate in household cores. Always want to separate from my aging parents. Because of all her doings I have lost my livelihood. I went for a counselling session, there her cousel forced me to compromise and take her before the principle counsellor. Even the principle counsellor, threatened me. I refused the counselling. On the next date I have made a complaint before the Judge, he called the counsellor but he lied and the wife's counsel also supported him. Then the Judge assured me that he personaly take the counselling session. My question is what to do next.

Answer 1

Under the Domestic violence Act the counselling takes place with the consent of the Aggrieved woman. If the counselling is forced or there is no settlement then FIR will be lodged. After which, you can claim that her allegations are false and no offence is made by you.

By - Neha Agarwal 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.