Manjula Pindoriya
Asked April 19, 2017

Property Dispute on the share

  • 1 Answer

We have inherited a farm land and this was under four brothers name (all live in the UK) and we decided to do four equal share and all the legal document were drawn and signed by a witness solicitor in uk. But the person who acted in india for this job had been influenced by two of the older brothers and instead of doing four equal shares it has been divided into A-40%, B- 40% and C and D jointly 20%. This has been done without our knowledge and prior consent. What is the best procedure to deal with this situation. And is there any temporary immediate action we can take? So that the other parties cannot sell the land?

Answer 1

You may file a suit in the Court to challenge the partition and request the Court to stay the use of the property. If the Court is satisfied in your claim it may order to stay the partition or any sale or transfer of the property by any of the party involved.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.