This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Anil Karnad
in Land Law Property Law Environmental Law
Asked March 15, 2021

Property issue

  • 1 Answer

We purchased a plot of land ( farmland) from a developer to convert it into horticulture with a small farmhouse in the year 1997, the same year it was published in the news that the land sold by the developer was FOREST LAND. The project came under complete HOLD since then. The purchasers did not pursue legal course because the developer kept assuring about the possession. Now the developer has resurfaced again after a long absence saying that the forest land will be converted to private forest and then permission will be granted for building an integrated township, which then increases the value of the property exponentially. He is now requesting additional money for the process of converting forest to private forest & then to integrated township ... We wish to take legal action to make the developer return our money @ principal + interest, OR @ current market rate ... kindly advise.

Answer 1

You may approach the consumer court for damages. In order to do so, you must first issue a notice to the developer.

Before filing a complaint in the consumer court against the developer, you must issue a formal notice to the construction company or the builder. As per the norms, it is important that the consumer must inform about the unfair practice to the concerned developer and allow them to respond to it. If the developer is unwilling to offer the compensation or refuses the issued notice, then you can approach the consumer court.

Now, after receiving no response from the developer against your notice, you can register an online complaint to the court.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees 13 days ago
Consult Now

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.