This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Administrative Law
Asked December 03, 2017

Question on the calculation of seniorty after break in service

  • 2 Answers

Hi I'm Class 1 govt officer of Govt of Maharashtra.While working in urban development Department With prior permission I gave state services examination and selected in Social welfare Department. So I releived from urban development Department and joined a post in Social welfare Department. But during probation period I gave application to Rejoin urban development Department. My lien in my previous department (Urban Development) was accepted by the government and I joined parent Department(Urban development Department). But now urban development Department is denying me original seniority. They are saying that my seniority will be counted from the date I rejoined the urban development Department. Can I get my original seniority in Urban development Department ? How can I get my original seniority ? Relevant Rules 1) Maharashtra Civil services Rule (General Condition of Service ) Rule 1981 _Rule 20 to 26 2) Maharashtra Civil Services (Seniority) Rule 1982_ Rule 4

Answers 2

You can approach the Hon'ble High Court by filing a writ petition there are chances of success.

Please Click LIKE button so that I can send final opinion after seeing relevant judgments. I need some more time to read your case in depth. This is my  preliminary opinion only. Send documents for verification and further suggestions.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Replied on another Forum of

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.