Registration of flat
How to register my flat, My flat price Rs.15 Lakh?
You haven't mentioned the State in which your flat is loacted. Anyway, I have described the steps for registration on Delhi NCR.
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
1. Please get your e-stamp paper of correct value prepared by visiting the nearest Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd.(SHCIL) centre or their Authorised Collection Centre(ACC). The address of nearest SHCIL/ACCs can be checked on the website www.shcilestamp.com .
2. Please take appointment for visit to Sub-Registrar office on website of the Revenue Department (http://.revenue.delhi.gov.in) or by approaching the Reception Desk/kiosk at the SubRegistrar Office.
3. Please visit Reception at the appointed date & time alongwith your Appointment Slip/sms received in you mobile confirming the appointment/ computer generated appointment no. as reference.
4. Please obtain your Swipe Card from Reception to enter Facilitation Center. Loss of Swipe Card may result in denial of access to Sub Registrar office.
5. Please visit the Facilitation Counter in the hall when your token number is displayed on the screen. 6. Please present your documents to Facilitator. Follow strictly the suggestion of Facilitator if certain changes are required in your documents. Upon clearance by Facilitator, please wait for your turn for presentation before Sub-Registrar along with all the parties required to be present.
7. Upon acceptance by Sub-Registrar please proceed to the Biometric Division for finger printing & photographs. Collect your Receipt on completion of registration process.
8. Please exit from the Exit door using your Swipe Card. Drop the Swipe Card at designated place only.
9. Delivery of documents will be between 3 pm to 5 pm at Delivery Counter only.
Note: Do's and Dont's while Registering your Property
1 Meet registering officer directly for your work
Do not depend on middlemen for your work
2 Pay the fees required to be paid directly to the Sub Registrar officer and obtain receipts Do not pay money to the middlemen.
3 Pay stamp duty as per market value and Purchase e-stamp papers from Stock Holding Corporation office or authrised Bank. Do not pay money to the middlemen
4 Get information records to be produced for registration in the registry office. Don't go for registration without necessary records.
5 Contact higher authorities for any doubts and complaints. Do not conceal your feelings about the officer or staff. Inform the higher authorities.
6 Obtain registered deeds personally on same day. Do not depend on middlemen for return of document after registration.
7 Note true market value of property. Under valuation is an offence.
While registering the flat or infact while buying a new flat, certain essential things to be kept up to date are :-
- Town and Country Planning (TNCP) permission
- Society – transfer of name
- A Registered sale deed
- No Objection Certificate under the Urban Land Ceiling Act
- Property tax
There are slight variations in such permissions. Certain additions or subtractions, depending upon state. The registry amount on the property also varies from state to state and is therefore, covered under the state specific local laws.
There are certain important things that need your attention for example –
Registry documents of the property are like the real ownership of the property. No matter who uses or exploits the property per se, the registry decides its fate and establishes the claim over the property.
As far as the procedure of the above stated registration is concerned :
- present fully stamped document before the sub-registrar.
- Registration fees to be paid as per the valuation of the market value of the property
- All the other documents in support of your identification
- Signature of the buyer and the seller alongwith 2 witnesses.
As per the mandate of Section 32 in The Registration Act, 1908, a power of attorney may be executed and authenticated in the name of a legal agent or a representative. This POA (power of attorney) works in your absence.
Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.