This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Family Law Criminal Law Civil Law
Asked October 31, 2017

Remarriage documentation

  • 2 Answers

I am a Hindu and got my divorce by mutual consent through Lok Adalat few years back. Will the lok adalat divorce decree be considered legally valid. I am planning for my second marriage with a person who is a Hindu. I would like to know the documents required for registering the marriage and will the marriage have to be registered under Hindu marriage act or Special marriage act? Thanks.

Answers 2




Dear Sir/madam,

A Lok Adalat decree/order is a well recognized decree in itself. It is similar to a general magistrate court’s order, there is no difference. If the decree says divorce granted then officially you are single, to get married.

Hindu marriage Act is valid and applicable for all the hindus getting married.

The necessary documents to be presented before the Registrar are :-

  • Residential Proof (Voter Card / Driving License etc.) of both the parties.
  • Date of Birth Proof (X th or XII th Examination Certificate) of Marrying Persons).
  • Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.
  • As per the facts of your case  mentioned above – Certified copy of Decree of Divorce.
  • Two Witnesses
Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

The opinion given by Mr. Munanshu may be followed.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.