This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law
Asked December 22, 2017

Remedy against charges of child sexual harassment

  • 1 Answer

In a case where an accused in a child sexual assault case has been convicted under both the ipc and pocso act (the incident happened before 2013 when the criminal law amendment took place), how should we prove that there has been an error in the framing of charges? Please advise.

Answer 1

1. You should ask the Prosecutor that the charges are wrongly framed ask him to  file a pettion for modifying the charges before appellate court.

2. The case may remanded back or heard by appellate court and pronounce judgment on the modified charges.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.