This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Akash Mehrotra
in Commercial Law
Asked August 12, 2017

Rights of a Trust over the property donated to it

  • 1 Answer

Sir we are living in a property which is owned by a Trust but donated by ur grand elders we r living as a navasa. Since the condition of the property is not good the Trust is requesting us to leave the house but my question is what is the meaning of navasa and under which act it deals with and we dont want to leave our home so could i take any action against them and i want to take some stay so that the trustees cannot ask us to vacate the property. plz suggest me a better way to handle the problem . and plz advice me to file a case because our grandfathers name is written as a navas under the will of great grand father so after the death of grand father they trying to removing us but actually we leaving more than 100 yrs so plz give us a legal advice

Answer 1

Who are the beneficiaries of the trust created by your elders. What was the purpose for which the trust is created?

The question does not specifies anything about the present beneficiary of trust. Only the beneficiaries have the right to enjoy the trust properties for the purpose for which it was created.  Only the beneficiaries can inspect and ask for copies of instruments of trusts, accounts etc. from the trustees as per section 55 of the Indian Trust Act, 1872.

So before knowing your legal position in the trust we cannot proceed any further with your problem.   

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.