My friend’s boss is indirectly asking her for sexual favors and has tried to make advances too, can he be held liable for any sexual offence?
Yes, your friend can file complaint for harresment at work place. Please take note that your friend should collect evidence to prove her version as it is always difficult to prove such version but not impossible if you take due diligence before your move.
Adv. Mamta Dave
Under IPC, there is a specific provision covering such situation and case can be filed for it:
- A man committing any of the following acts—
- physical contact and advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures; or
- a demand or request for sexual favours; or
- showing pornography against the will of a woman; or
- making sexually coloured remarks, shall be guilty of the offence of sexual harassment.
- Any man who commits the offence specified in clause (i) or clause (ii) or clause (iii) of sub-section (1) shall be punished with rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
- Any man who commits the offence specified in clause (iv) of sub-section (1) shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.
Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.