This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Commercial Law Contracts Law Civil Law Civil Procedure Law
Asked December 03, 2017

Suit for recovery of money

  • 5 Answers

Hi, I have given around 85 k to one of my friend. Now, I asked him several times to return my money but he is not replying. Even he has changed his mobile no. He is friend of friend. I have transfered the amount through Netbanking Can I file a case against him to recover my money back? I have started given him money starting April this year and given him 85 k in three transactions. This is hard earned money. Even the the common friend who actually made me.met him has refused to tell anything. Please advice. Thanks

Answers 5

Yes, you can immediately issue a Legal Notice and then file suit for Recovery of Money.


Please Click LIKE button so that I can send final opinion after seeing relevant judgments. I need some more time to read your case in depth. This is my  preliminary opinion only. Send documents for verification and further suggestions.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago


Do you have any written documents regarding the amount which you have given as a loan ?  if Yes, you can file recovery suit.. 

You can meet us if you need proper soluation 

Adv Atul Kumar

Mobile no. +91-9891391096

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Replied on another Forum of

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Hi,beans him a legal demand notice  to repay the amount within 15 days, with interest .if he do not comply with the notice you can file a civil suit for recovery .. You can contact me for detailed consultation .. Ph:-9654062181/ consultation fee :- 1000/- Adv Hemant Chaudhry 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Dear Querist 

You can send across Legal Notice to your friend to whom you have lent Rs.85,000/- and ask him to return back the money to you within a time period. If he fails to return back the money back to you within suitable time limit, you can file Summary Suit against your friend for the recovery of the amount due to you. However details such as transaction agreed and entered between both of you, terms of repayment agreed between both of you etc will have to be taken into consideration. I have sucessfully represented clients in monetary / summary suits realted to recovery of money to clients. You can also claim for Costs and Interest. Please feel free to approach me for any queries.


Adv. Vinit J. Mehta


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.