This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Mahendran R
in Property Law
Asked May 20, 2017

Tenancy Dispute

  • 1 Answer

My tenant is dead and somebody claiming to be his son occupied my shop and running jaggery business without any licence.How can i evict him?

Answer 1

After the death of the tenant, the lease agreement between you and your tenant is no longer valid as one of the parties to the contract is no longer alive. Unfortunately there have been cases, where the children of the tenants have occupied property even after the death of the parents. ( It is advised that you must ask the occupier of the property to vacate the property as soon as possible. In case they do not move out, file a case of trespassing against them. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.