Chetan Puri
Asked August 25, 2016

Urgent petition CPC

  • 1 Answer

writ petition has been filed on RHC on aug 2015 since than my case has not been put up infront of judge. After filed urgent hearing application. Result is still the same, pls advice what to do next??

Answer 1

Dear Chetan 

First and foremost thing to understand is what is your case in Writ filed before Hifh Court. Secondly if at all there is any urgency felt to Hon'ble court they will surely expedite your matter.

With regards to your query 

1) First and the foremost thing is serve opposite side with copy of Writ along with all the annexures and take aknowledgement from them if service is done through hand delivery, if service is done through speed post than take printout of tracking repoort which will show that the writ is served on other side. 

2) With regards to urgently moving your matter to be heard by judge, you will have to make a mentioning application serve it on other side stating the date and time on which you will mention your matter before concerned judge as well as take out urgent ciculation before judge to hear your matter on urgent basis. Just by filing urgent hearing application your matter won't be taken up before judge on urgent basis. Due process has to be followed. 

3) Therefater on the day (date and time when you will mention the matter before judge) stated as in your mentioning letter served to other side, mention the matter before judge and explain him urgency in your matter if he is convinced he will definately provide you with date on which your matter will be heard by him.

By following above process you can get your matter liested on urgent basis. for further queries or advise you can contact me or message. 

best luck,


Adv. Vinit J. Mehta   

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.