This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Rupesh Singh
in Family Law
Asked June 29, 2017

Wife's parents interfering in personal matter

  • 1 Answer

Hi Sir, I need help in my matrimonial case. My wife's family is interrupting more in our husband wife matters. Is there any case to file against them as they took all my items and took my wife away I am just living without her. I want to take action against them. Help please call me at 9560461951

Answer 1



While there appears no cause of action against your wife's family, unless you want to sue them for theft for taking your items away, you can file for restitution of conjugal rights, under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, which can be filed when the wife or the husband leaves the other for no reasonable excuse. The court in such situations can order the wife or the husband as the case may be to start living with her/his spouse again.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.