This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Biswajeet Mandal
in Civil Law
Asked July 19, 2017

Wrong address in caste certificate

  • 1 Answer

Sir I am from Westbengal state in my caste certificate in place of post office address grampanchyat address is written by mistake, so will  it create any problem or not during taking admission in any college? Please ans. Very shortly it very important

Answer 1




Dear Sir/madam,

The basic purpose of Caste certificate is to depict the case you fall a part of. Therefore to rectify the discrepancy of address, you can attach some ID proof alongwith the Caste certificate in order to vaidate your claim. Also, if the Caste certificate has been issued recently and is the latest amongst all other ID proofs then a doubt might occur in the eyes of the checker because as per the general logic, one considers the newest proof of address for the same query that there might be a change as compared to the old ID proofs. Being on a safer side, take an initiative from your side and apply for address change. Even if no problem occurs at the time of admission, Caste Certificate is one thing you will have to produce elsewhere as well – thus keep it updated.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.